It’s already the end of our trip!
You can check all our pictures here and our itinerary there:
The highlights of the trip:
- the cycling paths along the Danube: the Eurovelo 6 is mostly very well signalised, easy to follow and the roads are in a good state. It would almost be possible to go without any preparation, apart from the places to stay;
- the countries we crossed and the people we met: Slovaks, Hungarians, Croats, Bosnians were all welcoming, smiling and willing to help us;
- the encounters with other cyclo-tourists: so many people drive along the Eurovelo 6 partially, till the Black Sea or towards Istanbul. Good fun and cosy evening, it was good for wild camping;
- the scenery: even though we are following the river on hundreds of kilometres, cities and villages are changing, bridges and ferrys brings you from one side to the other and natural parcs give a peculiar charm to the scene;
- the rhythm of the bike travel brings you the time to appreciate every moment while going on.
Conclusion: To be done again soon. We’ll keep in touch.